Will they go to pay for a CEO's jet 3,000 miles away, or will they go to pay for the park in your town? You can decide that when you choose where you will be shopping!
• Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
• Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
• More of your taxes are reinvested in your community–where they belong.
• Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
• Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
• Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
• Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
• More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
- ALL teachers and college students get an automatic 10% off their purchase
- For Black Friday (Nov. 27) we are opening extra early with extra discounts (25% off new books from 6am-8am, 15% off new books 8am-10am, 10% off new books 10am-11am).
- We include coupons in our email newsletter, and honor as best we can valid Borders and Barnes & Noble Coupons as well
- Many of our hardcover new books are already discounted 10-20% off (some as much as 40% off!!)
- Join our Book-aholics program; when you spent $150 total, you get $15 worth of books FREE (and it's free to join!)
- Special order a new book we don't have in stock and save 10-20% off, and it ships to us FREE
So as the holiday shopping heats up, and the urge to go on a bargain-hunting spree, please remember those local stores who are contributing to Lancaster County. We ask that you choose to shop with us and avoid the big box bargain siren call. Those corporation can afford a drop in Christmas sales and will be around no matter what. We need you more than ever this year, and we want to be here for the community for years to come.
- Sam, Todd & Aaron